Istanbul Full Day Tour
Experience Istanbul's fascinating history up and close as we take you through the landmarks of the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires. This full-day tour includes the best of what Istanbul has to offer.
During the tour we will take you to the Church of the Divine Wisdom, Hagia Sophia, one of the greatest marvels of architecture, constructed as a basilica in the 6th century by Emperor Justinian and the breathtakingly beautiful Blue Mosque, famous for its blue İznik tiles and unique with six minarets, built in the name of Sultan Ahmet.
You also get to see the Topkapı Palace, which is the largest palace in Istanbul as well as the primary residence of the Ottoman Sultans for approximately 400 years of their 624-year reign. Today the palace exhibits the imperial treasury, sacred relics of Prophet Mohammed, Chinese porcelain, weapons, calligraphy collection and much more.
There are five tombs of Ottoman Sultans within the graveyard at Hagia Sophia, also known as Sultan Tombs. The ceramic panels are the most beautiful examples of the 16th century with purple, red, green and blue flower motives.
Duration: 8 hours from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
The trip includes the following highlights:
- Hagia Sophia
- The Blue Mosque
- Hippodrome of Constantinople
- Obelisk of Theodosius
- The Grand Bazaar
- Topkapi Palace
- Sultan Tombs
Included in the ticket price: Round trip transfer from/to centrally located hotels in Istanbul, museum entrance fees, lunch at a Turkish restaurant, donations to the mosques and tombs as well as a knowledgeable tour guide.
- Shortly after your booking is complete, you will receive an e-ticket by mail. Please print out your ticket and bring it with you on the tour.
- There is free round trip transfer to/from centrally located hotels near Taksim Sq., Sultanahmet and Aksaray. Before you can complete your booking, you will be asked to give us the name of your hotel, so we can arrange your transfer. If you stay at hotels near the airport or at hotels located at the Asian side of Istanbul, then there might be added a pick-up fee, or you will be asked to show up at a tour-start address in central Istanbul. Before you can complete your booking, you will be asked to give us the name of your hotel, so we can arrange your pick-up.
- The tour starts at 9 AM, but since you are being picked up at your hotel, we kindly ask you to call our tour operator approx. 24 hours in advance, in order to get you exact pick-up time to avoid waiting in the hotel's lobby. The phone number will clearly be started on the voucher/e-ticket we send you.
- The tour is in English.
- Children's tickets are available from age 3-7. Children from 0-2 years are free, when accompanied by a paying adult.
- The Harem section is not included at the trip to the Topkapi Palace.
- Hagia St. Sophia is closed on Mondays and it will therefore be replaced with the Basilica Cistern (Yerebatan Sarnici).
- Blue Mosque can only be visited from outside on Friday mornings until 1:00 PM because of prayer time.
- This 'Istanbul Full Day Tour' does not operate on July 28, October 4 and January 1.